The CRAFFT Screening Interview and The CRAFFT Screening Questionnaire are copyright protected by Boston Children’s Hospital; however, a goal of our center is make the CRAFFT widely available to qualified clinicians. The CRAFFT has been reproduced in about 30 states, 10 countries and numerous electronic medical record (EMR) companies across the world.
The following conditions must be met in order for you to use the CRAFFT in your works.
1. You must submit a final draft of your reproduction (either a reprint or electronic program) with a description of the intended context for use.
- You may submit by emailing the draft as an attachment to Jordan Levinson.
2. All CRAFFT questions must stay in their original order with no substitutions or omissions.
- However, you may choose reproduce only the first page of the CRAFFT Screening Interview.
3. The following language must be printed:
NOTICE TO CLINIC STAFF AND MEDICAL RECORDS:
The information on this page is protected by special federal confidentiality rules (42 CFR Part 2), which prohibit disclosure of this information unless authorized by specific written consent. A general authorization for release of medical information is NOT sufficient.
© John R. Knight, MD, Boston Children’s Hospital, 2016.
All rights reserved. Reproduced with permission.
For more information, contact CeASAR@childrens.harvard.edu
4. The copies you produce cannot be sold separately from the reprint or electronic program.
5. Any changes made after approval require a separate approval.
- All submissions will be reviewed by CeASAR and you will be notified by email of approval with an official approval letter. Please allow 1-2 weeks for review. CeASAR reserves the right to refuse permission for any reason.
Suggested tax-deductible donation:
- CeASAR encourages you to make a donation of your choosing to our center to help us continue our important research.
- At this time, we accept checks only.
Make checks out to:
Boston Children’s Hospital – ASAP Philanthropic Fund
CRAFFT Copyright Coordinator
CeASAR, Boston Children’s Hospital
300 Longwood Ave (MS 3114)
Boston, MA 02115
If you have any questions please contact Erin Gibson for assistance.